SmartFind G8 AIS & Kannad SafePro AIS EPIRBs
An Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) is a safety device carried by a vessel to alert search and rescue services and allow them to quickly locate you in the event of an emergency. When activated it transmits a coded message on the 406 MHz distress frequency which is monitored by the Cospas-Sarsat satellite system. The alert is then relayed via an earth station to the nearest Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC). With an EPIRB you can summon help wherever you are on the planet, subscription free, no matter how remote!
The McMurdo SmartFind G8 AIS and the Kannad SafePro AIS are the world’s first EPIRBs to include 406MHz, 121.5MHz, AIS and GNSS (better known as GPS) to accelerate search and rescue. The unique power of these new award winning beacons is in the flexibility and additional tracking capabilities long demanded by maritime customers. This will further reduce rescue times by combining the global location power of 406MHz with the localized rescue capacities of AIS, first introduced to the world in McMurdo’s AIS MOB range.
Life Saving Innovation
- The world’s first EPIRB to include localised alert and recovery via AIS
- Unique location detection with the world’s first EPIRB to combine the GNSS coverage of GPS and the precision location of Galileo
- Combining the benefits of multiple life saving products in one beacon
Rescue Accelerating Features
MEOSAR Compatible for faster Alert detection
Combined Global Alerting 406 MHz with localized recovery power of AIS
Four search and rescue frequencies (406MHz, 121.5MHz, AIS and GNSS)
Multiple GSS (GPS) receivers for faster more accurate location detection
Other Features Include:
- Easy service battery
- 10-year battery life
- Compliance with the new United States emergency hands free transport mandate
- False activation protection
- Ruggedized base
Award winning Design
The SmartFind G8’s accelerated rescue, precision location and unique safety features have made the G8 one of Orolia Maritime’s most decorated products.
- Pittman Innovation Award 2017
- BMEA Product of the year 2018
- DAME nomination 2017
- Astor Platinum Safety Award 2018
- NMEA Safety Product of the Year 2018
Brand & Name
|GNSS EPIRB with additional AIS frequency||McMurdo SmartFind G8 AIS
Kannad SafePro AIS
|GNSS EPIRB||McMurdo SmartFind G8
|Non GNSS EPIRB||McMurdo SmartFind E8
Orolia Maritime’s new generation of award winning EPIRBs come with two activation methods.